Sunday, January 20, 2013

Friday January 18, 2013

Dinner with Judith
Radishes & Cheese

Chicken Liver Mousse
I took the chicken liver that came with the Marin Sun Chicken I was roasted for dinner and put it in the toaster oven. I took two shallots and minced them. Cooked them in some butter and olive oil and then added some white wine. I cooked this down till the wine was gone. I put the liver and shallots in the cuisinart and pureed them. I added two tablespoons of cream. Put it in a ramekin and stuck it in the fridge for a couple of hours. It came out really good.

Roast Chicken butterflied and brined for an hour in cold water with a quarter cup of sugar and salt then dried in the fridge for another hour. Roasted over the small yellow finn potatoes for 50 minutes at 485 degrees.

Brussel Sprouts with preserved lemons and anchovies roasted at 425 for 25 minutes

Arugula Salad with fuyu persimmons and fresh waterchestnuts

Bosc pears poached in Gewurtztraminer and a cinnamon stick served with Three Twins vanilla ice cream and reduced poaching liquid


No comments: