Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday February 19, 2013


Day boat scallops and roasted carrots and cauliflower with Zahtar and blood orange juice

I washed and picked the side muscle off the scallops and then put them between paper towels with a sheet pan on top while I made the cooking sauce.
Melt a stick of butter in the microwave then added five garlic cloves grated, a big knob of ginger grated,  blood orange zest grated, half a cup of white wine.
Preheated oven to 450 and put the carrots and cauliflower on a sheet pan on the bottom rack. I cooked them for 20 minutes. At 15 minutes in, I put a cast iron skillet on the top rack. Pulled the skillet out after five minutes and put the scallops in. Poured the butter mix over, topped with some panko, and stuck it back in the oven for 10 minutes. It wasn't quite brown so I ran the broiler for three minutes at the end.

Heart of Romaine Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing

No comments: